Mishel's Cards and Gifts
Created For You

Unique Handmade Cards and Personalised Gifts for EVERY occassion

Forums

Forum Home > Digital Scrapbooking > Digital Scrapbooking

mishel2701
Site Owner

Firstly, let me state that digital scrapbooking can't be nutshelled, so to speak. What is created in digital scrapping is reliant on the programmes and software used, the user and their skill level (or lack of it!), the time used in the process, the various designs for a layout, the backgrounds and elements used - in fact everything as in traditional scrapbooking.

The difference being that digital scrappers do it all on their computers. Either by using a graphics program such as Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro, or a scrapbooking layout programme which provides templates and clipart to create your layout with.

And most traditional scrapbookers are digital to certain levels anyway - from scanning in paper layouts for archiving or sharing, using digital sketch designs to produce a layout, and creating text or elements and then printing these out.

Digital Scrappers can tend to do different things with their creations also - sometimes we just leave them on the computer to admire, but others are shared via email, online galleries or on cdrom collections. And sometimes we print them out to insert into scrapbooking albums.

But whatever the method, there is one constant between that of a traditional paper and paste scrapper and a digital one - we're all in it to preserve our photographs and memories.

Personally I prefer traditional scrapbooking to digital. I think its because with traditional you get to actually hold and feel your creation as opposed to just seeing it on screen. Then there are all the different textures of the paper and embellishments that you use.

August 16, 2009 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Realtime Clock

Photos

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e227/mishel2701/Cards/

Here you will find a selection of the cards I have already done

Webs Counter

Recent Videos

893 views - 0 comments
492 views - 0 comments
454 views - 0 comments

Users Online Now